Sierra Arts Foundation Gallery
Call to Artists
Deadline May 31, 2017
Sierra Arts Foundation (SAF) is currently accepting submissions for exhibitions in the Sierra Arts Gallery – September 2018 – November 2019.
Sierra Arts Gallery provides exhibition opportunities for exciting, innovative, challenging and often experimental work from emerging to established artists. We strongly believe that art changes lives and a strong artistic presence strengthens a community creatively, socially and economically.
We are interested in showcasing a variety of stories, styles and backgrounds. Our primary considerations are technical skill, execution, experience, capability, style, diversity, individuality and context. A committee consisting of SAF staff, board members and professional artists will review submissions and select artists for invitation.
• Artwork must have been completed within the last 3 years.
• There is a $200 stipend for artists selected.
• Sierra Arts Gallery will retain 20% commission on all work sold during the exhibition.
• The artist is responsible for delivery and shipping costs and insuring the work while in transit to and from the gallery.
• Insurance is provided by SAF during the exhibition.
• Exhibitions run approx. 1 month.
• Artist receptions are held on the third Thursday of the month from 6-8 p.m.
• Artist bio and current resume including contact information.
• Artist statement pertaining to the images provided or concept submitted.
• Up to 10 images representative of work to be shown, Jpeg format, artist’s name should appear in the filename (i.e. untitled Smith1.jpg). Images should be at least 300 dpi. Prints, slides and other materials will not be reviewed or returned.
• Image list corresponding to those provided, including title, dimensions, medium, price and year of completion for each piece.
• Optional one page proposal outlining any concept or theme and a description of how the space will be utilized for a group exhibition or installation. Send questions and email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Portfolios may be submitted as .pdf files by email or mail.
• Send flash drive entries to Gallery Submission SAF 17 S. Virginia St. Ste. 120, Reno, NV 89501